I’ve travelled five thousand miles to come to SQLPass Summit, and now I’ve arrived! I’m writing this blog with extreme jeglag so please excuse any errors. So, what should an out-of-town Brit do in Charlotte when not at SQLPass Summit 2013 sessions?
Here are some ideas:
SQLSentry are showing their usual stellar community support by offering a SQLSentry Shuttle, which will take you around. See here for more details. Make sure to bring your name badge and ID! Here are more ideas:
- PASS Photowalk: Join Pat Wright and other #sqlfamily members for a morning of photography.
- Welcome Reception: Kick off PASS Summit and meet fellow attendees. This event is generously sponsored by Cisco.
- Annual PASS Virtual Chapters Quizbowl: Watch contestants and a celebrity PASS Community panel test their SQL Server and pop culture knowledge. Sponsored by SQL Sentry, Inc.
- #SQLRUN/ #SQLWALK: Join community members on this 3 mile walk/run through Charlotte.
- Exhibitor Reception: Eat, drink, and see all the latest solutions. Remember to get your PASS to Prizes card stamped by all participating sponsors and exhibitors.
- #SQLKaraoke: Join Pragmatic Works for karaoke with a live band!
- Kilt Thursday: Join Grant Fritchey and clan clad in your kilt!
- SIOS Breakfast Session: High Performance SANLess Clustering, presented with SIOS and Fusion-IO.
- VMware Breakfast Session: Enable DBaaS within your Private Cloud.
- Community Appreciation Party: We’ve reserved Charlotte’s iconic NASCAR Hall of Fame for all attendees to enjoy. Sponsored by Microsoft and PASS.
I hope to see you at these event!