I’m delighted to be speaking at the EARL Conference to be held in London on the 14th – 16th September. What’s my topic?
Convince your HiPPO with Real world Data Storytelling in R and Machine Learning
In a world where the HiPPO’s (Highest Paid Person’s Opinion) is final, how can we use technology to drive the organisation towards data-driven decision making as part of their organizational DNA? R provides a range of functionality in machine learning, but we need to expose its richness in a world where it is made accessible to decision makers. Using Data Storytelling with R, we can imprint data in the culture of the organization by making it easily accessible to everyone, including decision makers. Together, the insights and process of machine learning are combined with data visualisation to help organisations derive value and insights from big and little data.
In this session, we will use R and cloud-based technologies in order to explore and analyse data using machine learning and statistical packages functionality, and we will look at our results. Then, we will look at how we disseminate the results to the HiPPO audience, using best practices in data visualisation and R, informed by gurus such as Stephen Few and Edward Tufte.
If you want to know how to demystify R and the insights you’ve found during your analyses, join this session in order to learn about machine learning as a technology and a discipline, and how to make the most of your insights using best practice data visualisation. Using real-life scenarios, this session will help you to communicate the insights of your data to your HiPPO, thereby helping to move your organisation towards a data-driven culture.
R now ranks as the sixth most popular programming language – its move from last year’s 9th place reflecting the growing importance of data analytics to an increasing number of industries and sectors. EARL offers a unique opportunity to discover how R is being used commercially to provide a wealth of business solutions.
EARL London will feature :
- Presentations from over 40 R gurus and Business leaders
- Speakers represent a broad range of industry sectors – including: insurance, manufacturing, customer analytics, life sciences, finance etc
- Sessions include: Data Visualisation, Business Challenges, Big Data Technologies, Modelling, Workflow and Commercial Applications
- Keynote speakers: Alex Bellow, Dirk Eddelbuettel, Joe Cheng and Hannah Fry
- Speakers representing Companies such as Shell, KPMG, AstraZeneca, Lloyd’s of London, UBS and Hewlett Packard
- Pre Conference workshops on: Interactive Reporting with R Markdown and Shiny (now SOLD OUT), An Introduction to Rcpp, Integrating R and Python, and Current Best Practices in Formal Package Development
- Sponsors and Exhibitors including Revolution Analytics, RStudio, Hewlett Packard, Teradata, Oracle, Harnham UK, Plotly, Tessella, Information Builders and O’Reilly
- Sensational central London venue
- 3 Conference Networking events including the Main Conference Reception in the amazing walkways of London’s iconic Tower Bridge
If you have yet to purchase your ticket please don’t delay to avoid disappointment. Tickets can be purchased online via credit card or can be invoiced if required. Group discounts are available to companies sending >5 attendees – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.