My answer is a definite ‘yes’. For me, I’m happy to be part of the Windows 8 ‘story’. the reasons are simple:
– I love being able to have my files on SkyDrive and also held locally, all synced up. It just means that I’m no longer tied to a particular device. I can use my work laptop, phone, and my personal laptop, all to get my data and files when I need it.
– I like the ‘clean’ interface.
– It boots up very fast. yes, I have no patience.
– I like the look of the Store, which I can download new apps. I’ve already downloaded games and educational items for my son. He’s learned to use it very quickly and he’s 7. So there’s no excuse that it will take time to learn!
– I am very excited by Excel 2013. Chris Webb has blogged about Excel 2013, and I’d recommend that you take a look.
Here are some handy Windows 8 links that will help you to decide whether or not to take the leap into Windows 8.